This one is the best. I promise you, your taste buds are going to go straight to heaven once you try this recipe out!
This is the most sublime blue cheese dressing recipe you've ever tasted. I promise you this - and I don't ever make promises I can't keep.
It is easy, quick - and if you've tried out my home made mayonnaise recipe I posted this morning, you'll already have plenty of mayonnaise on hand to use as a base.
Okay, now a few points. This recipe is NOT cheap. Blue cheese is expensive. So is sour cream. So you might want to halve the recipe below - it will make more than enough, unless you're expecting a crowd!
Also, this is NOT a recipe for the diet- or cholesterol-conscious. I save it for company - or for those times we really just want to throw our diets in the dustbin and have something that is awesomely delicious.
This sauce is incredible with salads, or works equally well with wedges or hot chips (fries). It would also be great on hot potatoes.
Yummy. Now I think I know what we're having for dinner!
Enjoy! I know I will!
Blue cheese sauce recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 100g (4 oz) rich blue cheese, crumbled into small pieces.
- Whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise and worcestershire sauce.
- Add the dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic salt and pepper.
- Mix in the blue cheese, and stir well, until thoroughly blended.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours in an airtight container before serving.
--If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my feed! Or Follow this blog! And comments are always appreciated!